- About GLIFAA
- Our Community
- Our Work
- Resources and Links
Current members please ensure GLIFAA has your correct e-mail address and location! Send updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
GLIFAA membership consists of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and straight employees -- and their spouses, friends, and supporters -- working in foreign affairs agencies of the Government of the United States of America, including:
- Department of State
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Foreign Commercial Service
- Foreign Agricultural Service
- And many other agencies and offices
One of our primary objectives is to achieve full parity for LGBT personnel and their partners working in U.S. Foreign Affairs Agencies and at U.S. missions around the world. We seek to raise visibility and increase awareness of our concerns and reach out to like-minded individuals and organizations in the community at large. Since our inception in 1992, we have grown from fewer than a dozen concerned personnel to well over 300 members and associates in Washington and around the world. Members in Washington typically meet monthly to discuss business and activism efforts. We host outreach and professional events throughout the year. We always welcome ideas and input from members overseas!
How Can You Join?
There are three types of GLIFAA membership available depending on your situation and needs.
- Full membership is available to all current employees of the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Agency for International Development, or other U.S. foreign affairs agencies, and their families/partners. Full members enjoy voting privileges, invitations to all events, access to our Member's Only Database, and other rights. Dues are $40.00 per year per member.
- Affiliated membership is available to all others who believe in the mission and activities of the organization and wish to support its goals and enjoy many of the benefits of full membership. The recommended donation of $15.00 per year per member is appreciated.
- Associate membership is available to any current employee of the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Agency for International Development, or other U.S. foreign affairs agencies, and their families/partners. Associate members are warmly welcomed to attend and participate in many GLIFAA sponsored events. There is no cost to be an associate member.
For instructions on how to join, or to send comments/ideas, feel free to email us at email@example.com.